Digital technology, communication, inclusion and the role these play in customer engagement and participation is becoming increasingly important for tenants and the impact on quality of housing services.
One Click Away will explore a variety of pioneering digital practices, support you to understand how to break down barriers, learn how to make digital inclusion a reality, set achievable goals, and attain value for money in your organisation.
Evidence has shown that individuals can enjoy a greater quality of life and wellbeing when they have the basic digital skills they need to thrive in today’s ever-changing world. A lack of digital skills and access can have a huge, negative impact on our housing and communities – leading to poorer health outcomes, increased loneliness and social isolation, limited access to services, jobs, and education.
This one day conference will include discussions on how a digital approach can support landlords and tenants’ organisations to tune into tenant and community priorities and deliver effective housing services.
Specifically, the conference will:
- Explain Scotland’s Digital Participation Charter and how it relates to you as an individual and an organisation
- Look at the importance of digital inclusion as part of your tenant participation and customer engagement processes
- Share good practice from social landlords and tenant organisation’s, illustrating how digital approaches have enhanced participation and consultation, involving a wider range of people
This event is aimed at tenants and housing organisation professionals throughout the Scottish social rented housing sector. Take away a hot off the press Digital Inclusion and Customer Participation checklist! TIS Members receive a 10% discounted rate.
A selected group of speakers make this event a greatly anticipated highlight of the Scottish social housing sector calendar. Book your place now to avoid disappointment.
Latest programme developments
REGISTRATION • Tea, coffee, and refreshments on arrival
WELCOME • Ilene Campbell, Chief Executive at TIS
REALISING SCOTLAND’S FULL POTENTIAL IN A DIGITAL WORLD • Alan Martin, Digital Participation Team at the Scottish Government
- Inclusion in context: the digital strategy and Scotland’s Digital Participation Charter.
- The impact of low digital inclusion on housing, wellbeing, community, education, and employment.
- The link between low digital skills and other forms of exclusion and inequality.
IMPROVING YOUR ORGANISATION’S DIGITAL SKILLS AND PARTICIPATION • Ross McCulloch, Director at Third Sector Lab
- Useful information to support improve your capacity for digital engagement
- Best practice guidelines
- Increasing digital motivation and confidence
REFRESHMENT BREAK • Network and share positive practice
THE DIGITAL WORLD: OUR DRIVE TO INVOLVE TENANTS AND CUSTOMERS • Discussion Session
This discussion session will present representatives from a Council, Housing Association, and Tenant perspective. Speakers will share facts, offer opinions, engage with the conference audience, and address questions.
LUNCH • Network and share positive practice
LEARNING ZONES • Delegates will split into focus groups and will participate in all 3 learning zone topics. Topics listed below:
SUPPORTING TENANTS TO GET CONNECTED • Craig Stephenson, Digital Participation Officer at Link Housing Association
DIGITAL INCLUSION IN RURAL COMMUNITIES • Grampian Housing Association
IMPROVING HEALTH AND CARE THROUGH DIGITAL INCLUSION • Speaker to be confirmed
OFFICIAL LAUNCH • TIS publication ‘Developing your digital strategy’
A selected group of speakers make this event a greatly anticipated highlight of the Scottish social housing sector calendar.