Please note that this event is now fully booked.
Rent Setting: Getting the best from your consultations is a one day, training course led by the Tenants Information Service (TIS), aimed at tenants, and housing/participation professionals within the Scottish social housing sector.
This course has been designed to enhance understanding of rent setting consultations, providing the opportunity to expand personal development and knowledge within this field, whilst sharing good practice and ideas.
Delegates will also make their way around three, power zone workshops:
- Involving Tenants in Financial Scrutiny
Elaine Byrne, Managing Director, Scotland’s Housing Network
- Tenant Involvement in a Rent Restructure
James McKee, Customer Liaison Officer, East Ayrshire Council
- Developing a Five Year Strategy: Consulting our Tenants
Lesley Clarkson, Corporate Services Manager, Clyde Valley Housing Association#
The Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 requires social landlords to consult tenants and take account of their views when making decisions about proposed rent increases.
Landlords’ main source of income is the rents that tenants pay, and for most tenants it is also the main item of household expenditure. With this in mind, it is crucial for landlords to consult and understand what current and future tenants can afford to pay when considering any increase to rents they charge. This is to ensure that both tenants and landlords get the best from rent setting and rent increases.
Rent Setting: Getting the best from your consultations will provide opportunities to:
- Participate in ‘power zone’ learning sessions with key figures and peers from across the Scottish social housing sector.
- Consider how to plan and deliver effective, and meaningful rent setting and rent increase consultations.
- Take away a hot off the press, FREE TIS Publication, Rent Setting: Getting the best from your consultations.
TIS members receive great, discounted training rates:
TIS Tenant member rate: £155
TIS Tenant non-member rate: £175
TIS Landlord member rate: £175
TIS Landlord non-member rate: £195