“The success of the Charter has been recognised both her and internationally as key to improving the standard of services and is recognised good practice in tenant engagement and service delivery” – Kevin Stewart MSP, Minister for Local Government and Housing
The latest version of the Scottish Social Housing Charter has now been published by the Scottish Government following a review and consultation and has taken effect from April 1.
The Charter was introduced as part of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2010 and was developed to set out the standards and outcomes that all social landlords should be achieving when performing their housing activities.
The Tenants Information Service (TIS) and TPAS Scotland are holding a series of free information events, funded by the Scottish Government, aimed at tenants and landlords to look at the changes that have been made to the Charter.
The events will also showcase a variety of case studies and partnership initiatives that tenants and landlords across the country are taking to scrutinise performance against the Charter, meet the Charter outcomes, and deliver high quality housing services and standards.
Spaces are limited – book early to guarantee your place. Contact TIS or TPAS for the event you would like to attend. All seminars include lunch and refreshments.
- Stirling: Wed 17th May, 10.00am – 1.00pm, The Golden Lion Hotel, 8-10 King Street, FK8 1BD - Book with TIS
- Edinburgh: Fri 19th May, 10.00am – 1.00pm, Norton Park Conference Centre, 57 Albion Rd, EH7 5QY - Book with TIS
- Glasgow: Wed 24th May, 10.00am – 1.00pm, The Teacher Building, 14 St Enoch Square, G1 4DB – Book with TPAS
- Aberdeen: Wed 31st May, 10.00am – 1.00pm, Town and County Hall, Broad Street, AB10 1AH – Book with TIS
- Dumfries: Wed 7th June, 10.00am – 1.00pm, Loreburn Housing Association, 27 Moffat Rd, DG1 1NN – Book with TPAS
- Inverness: Thurs 15th June, 10.00am – 1.00pm, Glen Moriston Townhouse, 20 Ness Bank, 1V2 4SF – Book with TPAS
To book your free information event with:
TIS please telephone 0141 248 1242 or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
TPAS Scotland please telephone 0141 552 3633 or alternatively you can email email@example.com
Can’t attend the information events? Get in touch to find out how TIS and TPAS can bring these events direct to your local area.