Starting a tenants’ association
We can provide support, guidance and training on starting a local tenants’ association and help you to benefit from other groups experience.
We can provide guidance on:
• Tenants rights to information, consultation and participation
• What tenants and residents groups can do
• Registering with your landlord as a Registered Tenants Organisation (RTO)
• Practical advice on drawing up a constitution
• Information on committees and the duties and responsibilities of office bearers
• Ways of ensuring the group is democratic and accountable
• Information on sources of funding, help and support
• How to achieve charitable status (if appropriate).
Get the guide
Download a pdf of our Guide on Starting a Tenants’ Association.
You can get access to our wide range of guides and resources by joining TIS.
Get support and advice
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss starting a tenants’ association.
Find out more about bespoke training for tenants and landlords on a wide range of housing related topics.