With just 10 weeks until the event kicks off, the closing date to secure your place at the TIS National Housing Conference and Exhibition 2019 is fast approaching.
2019 marks the Tenants Information Service’s (TIS) 30th anniversary, a significant milestone in the organisation’s history. At the core of the celebration is a vision for an active, inclusive, and just Scotland where communities are strong, equitable, and sustainable. A priority that will drive efforts to help change social rented housing in Scotland for the better.
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and join TIS, together with tenants and housing organisation professionals from across the country at the Doubletree by Hilton Westerwood Hotel for a special 30th anniversary National Housing Conference and Exhibition: Think 2021.
The event is an unmissable opportunity and features an unrivalled line up of sector leader speakers. Here’s the reasons why you can’t miss out:
- Topically themed this year to discuss housing beyond 2021, you’ll discuss and debate the biggest challenges facing the sector, exploring a vision for the future and what needs to be in place to make this a reality. Andy Wightman MSP, will manifest these key themes as he delivers an overview of current housing priorities.
- The event is hugely inspiring and can boast an array of innovative workshops led by leaders from throughout the Scottish social housing sector. You’ll hear from organisations including: the Scottish Housing Regulator (SHR), Scottish Youth Parliament, Planning Aid Scotland, and Energy Savings Trust.
- Harness the specialisms within TIS and take part in a variety of skills-based learning sessions including: involving tenants in rent setting, effective representation, and tenant engagement in reviewing policy.
- You’ll tailor your conference package to suit your interests. Select a study visit that really matters to you and see the latest positive developments, first-hand. Study visits include the Tenement House – an authentic time capsule of life in early 20th-century Glasgow.
- Come together for what will be a truly uplifting and vibrant weekend. Hosted by Scottish actor and comedian, Gary Lamont, the TIS National Excellence Awards will take centre stage as landlords, tenants, residents, and community groups are recognised and honoured for demonstrating a commitment to making a difference.
- You’ll become immersed in an inspiring plenary session that will engage with you in such a way that it will allow you to think more clearly about your goals, identify opportunities, and move forward with action.
Book your place to experience a fantastic, feel good, weekend. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the TIS events team on 0141 248 1242.
Highlights from the 2018 conference weekend can be viewed at: https://youtu.be/NkXBV_OZgDw