2019 marks the TIS 30th anniversary – a significant milestone in the organisation’s history.
The anniversary creates an opportunity to reflect on how we have grown to become a national membership organisation, leading in the development of innovative and inspiring tenant participation and community engagement practice throughout Scotland.
To mark the occasion and look ahead to 30 more years of achievements, the TIS team were delighted to host a cheers to 30 years gathering for key partnerships and members on Wednesday 4th December 2019.
A great success, the event attracted key players from across the sector to enjoy a festive feast, music from solo musician Shaun Philp, and toast to the years ahead with a drinks reception and celebration.
Integral to the event was the launch of the TIS Strategic Business Plan 2019 – 2021 which outlines how we plan to deliver services to meet the challenging housing priorities beyond 2021. The plan is based on delivering five, key themes:
- Develop a range of cutting-edge services to meet the needs of tenants, communities, and housing organisations;
- Continue to grow a thriving membership community;
- Empower and give tenants and communities their voice;
- Continue to lead in the development of innovative tenant participation, community engagement, scrutiny research and practice throughout Scotland and;
- Strive to ensure tenant participation and community engagement remains at the forefront of the housing agenda.
Click here to download an online copy of the TIS Strategic Business Plan 2019 – 2021.
TIS were also delighted to unveil a newly streamlined website. The redevelopment offers a more user-friendly experience, simple navigation, improved functionality, and a wealth of inspiring images.
TIS Chief Executive, Ilene Campbell said:
Members can now benefit from an exclusive scrutiny share library. This platform provides a directory of scrutiny reports, shared by key organisations across the sector, and will be an invaluable resource for anyone looking to gain information to support their latest scrutiny activities.
email@example.com | 0141 248 1242